My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Congratulations on your purchase of this Melon® Helmet!
The Melon® Toddler Helmet represents the highest quality of protection against outside impacts against the head, for kids from 12 months+ whilst riding a balance bike, bicycle, skates, inline blades or skate boards (EU only) (Fig. 4). IMPORTANT: A helmet can only function as it was designed to when it is worn correctly, has been adjusted to the users head and is carefully fastened. HOWEVER it is not possible to guarantee that a helmet can protect the wearer against all possible impacts. Melon® Toddler Helmets are tested and certified to surpass the current official safety standards. CAUTION! This helmet should not be used by children while climbing or doing other activities where there is a risk of hanging or strangulation if the child gets trapped whilst wearing the helmet. We encourage you to make certain that your child removes the helmet before playing on or in playgrounds or similar areas. Please make sure to read this user manual in its entirety before use. These instructions build an integral part of the product. This is why we encourage you to keep these instructions as well as the original packaging in safe keeping, should questions arise at a later stage.
Item: Melon® Toddler Helmet
Size: XXS (44-50cm)
WHICH HELMET SIZE IS BEST FOR MY CHILD AND HOW DO I ADJUST THE HELMET?
The Melon® Toddler helmet can only protect optimally if it fits your child properly (fig. 2) and when the chin strap is closed while the helmet is worn. Please test several padding sizes for comparison and check whether the head circumference of the child matches the size of the helmet. The helmet should only be selected if it is tight and comfortable at the same time. The helmet must not slip during movements.
Take the helmet in the correct helmet size, loosen all the straps to the maximum width and place the helmet on your toddler’s head. If the helmet is too loose, replace the breathable foam pads in the helmet with the next stronger paddings (Fig. 5). The different padding thickness can also be combined for intermediate sizes. Once you have found the correct adjustment of the pads, you can adjust the chin strap. Finally, gently tighten the X-Fix straps evenly on the left and right side to prevent the helmet from slipping forward.
WHEN DOES THE HELMET FIT PROPERLY?
The helmet should surround the head easily, and should be worn level. The front helmet edge should sit one to two fingers widths above the bridge of the nose (Fig. 2). It is easy to check if the helmet fits correctly. All you have to do is leave the chinstrap unclosed and shake your head. If the helmet moves, we recommend tightening the helmet strap system and/or using thicker paddings.
HOW DO I ADJUST THE CHINSTRAP CORRECTLY?
Open all straps (including those on the Melon® Divider Locks) so that the X-Fix system does not affect the adjustment process. Open the Melon® Divider Locks (Fig. 3c) and put your helmet on your kid’s head. First adjust the front strap, which should be located underneath the chin, to the correct length. Leave approximately a finger-wide space between the belt and the chin of your child. To shorten the strap, pull it through the magnetic buckle’s strap loop. To lengthen it, pull the buckle further down. Then close the Fidlock® magnetic buckle. After you’ve adjusted the front strap, the adjustment of the side straps follows. Position the Melon® Divider Locks (Fig. 3b) in a way that neither the strap nor the Divider Locks touch the ears. To do this, simply slide the Divider Lock up or down into the correct position. When you find the right position, close the divider lock. When adjusting the length of the side straps they must be pulled to the correct length at the same time if possible (Fig. 2). To do this, pull the straps on the side to the back until they are tight. Be aware that after the adjustment of the side straps the front strap might get too short. If necessary adjust the length of the front strap again. Another advantage of the Melon® X-Fix: After the first adjustment, only the front strap length has to be adjusted each time (of course, the correct setting of all other straps must be checked). After you have made all the settings on the helmet and closed the magnetic buckle, the helmet must feel comfortable and should not slide backwards or forwards.
MELON® X-FIX WING – SAFETY AUTOMATISM AND REAR LIGHT
Your Melon® Toddler helmet is equipped with the Melon® X-Fix. This means: X-Fix: Anti-roll-off-protection by new X-Fix strap system for more safety and comfort. Compared to conventional helmet strap systems with adjusting wheel, X-Fix prevents the helmet from rolling off and distributes forces optimally to protect the rear head. Due to the crosswise guidance of the straps at the neck they tighten automatically with increasing forces. In addition, lockable X-Fix gliders on the sides secure a correct helmet adjustment to prevent often observed rear-bevel helmet misadjustments. X-Fix thus also secures the helmet shell in the correct horizontal position to protect the front part. The Melon® tail light is integrated into the X-Fix-Wing, which crosses the straps at the back of the head. The integrated tail light comes with with three different modes. The setting “flashing” is preferable to continuous lighting for energy-saving reasons. If the battery needs to be replaced, gently push the Melon® tail light out of the X-Fix Wing and loosen the screws on the back of the light (Fig. 3b). Replace the battery with a new one and re-tighten the Melon® rear light screws properly so that no moisture can get inside.
Safety instructions on LED rear light
• The LED rear light does not replace the lighting equipment of bicycles required by German StVZO (§ 67).
• The LED rear light provides better visibility when used properly. The LED rear light must not be used in rainy weather, as its functionality in wet conditions is not guaranteed.
• Please note that the LED rear light may be hidden or invisible during use of the collar, backpack or head movements.
• Please note that the battery of the LED rear light may fail or be emptied. Therefore check the functionality of the light regularly.
• The batteries should not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like. Incorrect battery replacement may cause a risk of explosion. Replacement of the battery only by the same or equivalent battery type.
• Avoid that your child looks directly into the LED-light.
• The LED rear light is not a toy and should only be used by children under the supervision of adults.
• Battery replacement may only be performed by adults.
• If the battery leaks, avoid skin contact. This leads to skin irritations.
• Leaking batteries must be disposed of immediately.
User instructions on LED rear light
1. Before the first use: Press the power button on light to see if it works well before using.
2. Functions: The LED rear light has three different functions, depending on your preference can be applied: press once – flashing light, press twice – steady light, press 3 times – light off
3. Battery change: The LED rear light is already equipped with a CR 1632 (3V) battery when you buy it. To change this battery, remove the small transparent box from helmet. On back side of the small box, you can take out the battery and replace with a new one. Observe the correct polarity of the battery. Battery type: CR 1632
4. Cleaning and care: The housing of the LED rear light can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
5. Disposal: Please do not dispose of emptied batteries in the household waste, but in designated collection containers.
CONNECTOR OPENINGS & IMPACT BLOCKER SLOT
Your Melon® helmet has small connector slots at the front helmet edge for Melon® accessories such as the Melon® Vista Visor UV400 (Fig. 6). For more information visit www.melon-world.com.
• The Melon® Toddler Helmets are not designed to be used with petrol powered push bikes/mopeds/scooters or vehicles which are classed as motorcycles.
• Before setting off, always make sure the chinstrap is closed.
• For maximum protection the helmet must be fitted and attached properly to the wearer’s head in accordance with the manufacturer’s fitting instructions.
• The helmet is not to be painted or have stickers stuck on its surface. This is because the helmet may be damaged and rendered ineffective by petroleum products,cleaning agents, paints or adhesives without the damage being visible to the user.
• The helmet should be checked in regular intervals for damage. Small indentations and scratches on the surface however should not reduce the overall protective effect, if not effected by severe blow.
• The helmet is designed to absorb shock by partial destruction of the shell and liner.This damage may not be visible. Therefore, if subjected to a severe blow, the helmet should be destroyed and replaced even if it appears undamaged.
• When repairing (repairable damage!) any part of the helmet, use only original parts!
• The helmet is not to be stored or hung up, hanging from the chinstrap.
• You should avoid wearing the following under your helmet: headscarves, beanies, long hair in a bun, or similar, as this could lead to subsequent injuries.
• No attachments should be made to the helmet except those recommended by the helmet manufacturer.
• CAUTION! This helmet must not be used for climbing on the playground or other activities than those described.
HOW DO I LOOK AFTER MY HELMET PROPERLY?
Clean this helmet only with a mild detergent and warm water or a damp cloth. The pad sets can be machine washed with a gentle detergent at 30˚C. These must be drip dried at room temperature.
HOW LONG CAN I USE THIS HELMET SAFELY?
All components of this helmet are exposed to use. Dependent on the use, care and maintenance the time to replace such a helmet is difficult to calculate or predict, but we recommend that a replacement should be done between 3 and 5 years of use. When storing this helmet, make sure it is stored safely, in an area where it is protected from direct sunlight and weather influences, so that it can’t be damaged or potentially hurt others through falling. We advise strongly for your own safety to only use original parts. Should any part of the shell be broken or have sharp indentations to it or show obvious signs of wear, then the helmet must be replaced as it is no longer for use. If you are in doubt please get in contact with our service team through www.melon-world.com.
Please take your helmet to an appropriate disposal facility at the end of its useful life. The disposal company on site, should answer questions you may have about the actual disposal.
In purchasing a Melon® Toddler Helmet you have purchased a proven high quality brand product. Should you notice anything that is not up to our high standards, then please return the helmet as soon as possible to your dealer of trust for a refund.
Crash Replacement Program
If an accident happens to your child, you can be sure that the Melon® Toddler helmet will protect your child well. If this is the case, it should be replaced. You need a new helmet. In this situation we would like to support you and have developed a program for this case. As a registered participant of the Crash Replacement Program, we offer you two options:
A: 50% discount on a new Melon® Toddler helmet:
You send us the accident helmet and describe the accident as detailed as possible. Your story will be treated confidentially in this case.
B: 100% discount on a new Melon® Toddler helmet:
You send us the accident helmet, describe the course of the accident in as much detail as possible and transfer to us the unrestricted rights of use in terms of time and place.
This is how it works:
Once you have purchased the Melon® Toddler helmet, you can register free of charge at www.melon-world.com/crashreplacement . Simply fill out the form on this page and send it to us. Required information for registration: your name with current address, your e-mail address, the batch number of your helmet (printed on the sticker on the inside), the date of purchase and name of the dealer. Registration must be successfully completed within 3 months of the purchase date. After receiving all necessary information we will send you a confirmation by e-mail. The Crash Replacement Program is valid for the first 3 years from the date of purchase.
What should I do after an accident?
After your Melon® Toddler helmet has protected your child in an accident and you wish to take advantage of the Crash Replacement Program, we need it from you:
1. The Melon® Toddler helmet damaged by the accident (this will then become our property). Please send the helmet to us: Melon World GmbH, Rellinghauser Str. 334 F-H, D- 45136 Essen, Germany
2. Send your story by post or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Crash Replacement Confirmation you received from us after registration
4. A copy of the purchase receipt
5. Your design wish for the exchange
As soon as we have received your damaged helmet and we have finished processing it, we will contact you and ask for your desired design. We will send you your new helmet (version B) or a discount code for our online shop (version A) free of charge. If you have any questions just send us an e-mail to
We wish you and your loved ones a safe journey!